Hive - Project - Sentiment Analysis - Visualization

I am unable to connect to database in tableau using my labusername, can you please help with the same.
This is the Hive - Iron Man movie - Sentiment Visualisation lab

Hi, Shruti.
Kindly follow the below Workflow and you should be able to complete the project.

Downloads:-

1. https://www.tableau.com/pro…
  2. https://www.cloudera.com/do…
    a) Go down find database driver
    b) Select Hive ODBC Driver Downloads
    c) Select Hive ODBC 2.6.1 (It is a stable version). Select
    d) Select OS and version 64 bit.

Workflow for connecting Tablue to CloudexLab Local user via ODBC Driver.

1. Open tableau ( Now they are giving 14 days trial).
  2. Go to > To a Server > Hortonworks Hadoop Hive.
  3. Enter c.cloudxlab.com as Server and port as 10000
  4. Select “Username and Password” as Authentication.
  5. Enter your lab username and password.
  6. Select “SASL” as Transport.
    Click on “Sign in” and wait for the connection to establish.

Note :- we can downloads the ODBC Driver from Tableau also.
a) At the left down corner. It will show “Downlaods and Install the drivers” if your driver is not insatlled.
b) If you click It will take you the page :- Tablaue supported Drivers page.
This will show all the Drivers that Tablue supports.
Again it will take to the site :- cloudera downloads page

All the best.

@satyajit_das I have referred and stated the problem .Even after installing drivers and executing i cannot get the sign in button after entering all the details it seems blurred

Hi even i had the same issue, use the same details and connect using Cloudera Hadoop instead of connecting using Hortonworks Hadoop and in the transport option give SASL instead of Binary

1 Like

Yes, that’s correct!

1 Like

After following the procedure mentioned above in recent comments for Cloudera Hadoop. I’m getting below error.

“An error occurred while communicating with Cloudera Hadoop
Unable to connect to the server. Check that the server is running and that you have access privileges to the requested database.
Error Code: 37CE01A3
There was an unknown connection error to the database. The error message below has additional information, but you might need to ask the database administrator to review the database logs.
[Cloudera][ThriftExtension] (3) Error occurred while contacting server: EAGAIN (timed out). The connection has been configured to use a SASL mechanism for authentication. This error might be due to the server is not using SASL for authentication.
Unable to connect to the Cloudera Hadoop server “c.cloudxlab.com”. Check that the server is running and that you have access privileges to the requested database.”