Gyb installation support

Kindly help me with installation of gyb…i first did bash <(curl -s -S -L https://git.io/gyb-install)…then when prompted i entered my email address and when i clicked the verification link, it shows error: Sign in with Google temporarily disabled for this app…How to proceed ?

Hi @Parvathy_S

Did you check this error in Google or checked the gyb doc for the same?

Hi, Parvathy.

Kindly check the workflow to proceed.

All the best

Hi. I did try the above suggested with other browser as well in Mac. But there is no “advance safely” option. So, I am still stuck with " Sign in with Google temporarily disabled for this app" error.Unable to proceed. Kindly assist.

Hi, Parvathy.

The issue is from Google gmail side for security concern.
Kindly try with some different email account or check with Google.
Please search the error in Google.

All the best

Hi, thank you for sharing me with the above solution. However, i was unable to identify the error and fix it as of now. As my project submission date is nearing, it is making me anxious also. So can i check, is it ok if i download the email data via google takeout and using wget command, save as a folder in cloudxlab folder. Will this work, will i be able to proceed in this way or should i find another solution to this problem. Please share your suggestion. Thank you.

Hi, Parvathy.

You are also free to use any other open sources module to download the emails, but I am not sure in which format it will be stored.

Unless the objective is full-filled, that is parse through the email and find out the most close friend/people etc by finding out the maximum number of exchanges of the email.
You can do it in your way.

Request you to please try again, the “gyb” module is robust and it should work out. If you still get any other error you can approach me.

All the best