Flume not working. Please help

Hi,

I am following the video tutorial for flume. When I took trial lab 2 months ago, flume worked for me.
Now, the same procedure and commands are not working here. .Please help.

The messages I type in the terminar where I give nc localhost 44448 …are not received in flume terminal.

Moreover, I see the below error in flume agent terminal

SLF4J: See http://www.slf4j.org/codes.html#multiple_bindings for an explanation.
ERROR StatusLogger No log4j2 configuration file found. Using default configuration: logging only errors to the console. Set system property ‘log4j2.debug’ to show
Log4j2 internal initialization logging.

Please Help!! The below is the command I am using

flume-ng agent --conf conf --conf-file conf/flume.properties --name a1 Dflume.root.logger=INFO,console

This is where the command is getting stopped

SLF4J: Class path contains multiple SLF4J bindings.
SLF4J: Found binding in [jar:file:/usr/hdp/2.6.5.0-292/flume/lib/slf4j-log4j12-1.7.10.jar!/org/slf4j/impl/StaticLoggerBinder.class]
SLF4J: Found binding in [jar:file:/usr/hdp/2.6.5.0-292/flume/lib/log4j-slf4j-impl-2.10.0.jar!/org/slf4j/impl/StaticLoggerBinder.class]
SLF4J: See http://www.slf4j.org/codes.html#multiple_bindings for an explanation.
ERROR StatusLogger No log4j2 configuration file found. Using default configuration: logging only errors to the console. Set system property ‘log4j2.debug’ to show
Log4j2 internal initialization logging.

Hi @Prasuna_A,

Did you check the error on Hortonworks support?

Dear abhinav,

I am also facing the same issue… I have tried Hortonworks solution by copying the log4j2.xml file in the location /conf(/home/arunhdp7619/conf) folder… but getting the same error…that is StatusLogger No log4j2 configuration file found.

log4j2.xml file:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?> ..

I am using cloudxlab since one month…so far am very much satisfied with the lab except this flume error…
Could you please suggest any solution…

Thanks in advance…
–Arun

Hi @Arun_Kumar,

This error shows that flume is not able to find log4j2 which is a logging library in Java. During the upgrade, this library might not be included in HDP for flume. Can you please let me know the link of hortonworks solution on the same which you have followed?

Nevertheless, Flume should work and as the error is saying the errors will be logged to the console.

Thanks

Hi abhinav,

I have tried this solution found in hortonworks forums…

log4j2.xml:

Thanks,
ARUN

what solution did you try? As per hortonworks forum blog, it says they resolved it by copying “log4j2.xml file in the location: /usr/hdp/current/flume-server/conf/agent” and you are showing above as xmls encoding. Can you please explain little more as what exactly you did to get rid of this error?

Thanks,