Data not getting fetched

Hi Sandeep/team

As you suggested earlier since hue is very slow i responding to simple queries,i tried in webconsole.

I am undergoing the session on handson in Hive Managed Tableand trying to play with data

When i execute this query select * from nyse in my database anindita1993deb8805 in webconsole its giving me records (no nulls are there)

Since i am a new user i won’t able to describe to entire use in one section since in order to describe the entire use i need to provide you screen shots and cloudxlab does not permit a new user to upload multiple images in one comment

So i would be describing the issue in my subsequent comments.

Regards,
Anindita

However when i am trying to execute the below aggregate query
SELECT symbol1, avg(price_open) AS price_high FROM nyse GROUP BY symbol1;
its showing me nulls only.

PFB the ss for that:

Even if i write this simple query :Select distinct symbol1 from nyse its giving me nulls.
PFB the ss for that:

If i check the data in the my database in hive inside hue the data seems to be present.

PFB the ss for that:

aggregate functions can fetch null if any one of the column value is null on which the aggregation is done but with this query select distinct symbol1 from nyse all the values for this column should get fetched,but only null is there.

Kindly look into this asap.

Regards,
Anindita

Can you check once of the column name is symbol1 or symbol? and also
select distinct symbol from nyse;
It may depend on the column you created mine is symbol.

Hi Satyajit/Team,

I am not using the default database instead iam using the database created against my username and column name for nyse table in my database is symbol1,PFB the ss for that ,my table is loaded as you can see from the above screenshots.

Regards,
Anindita

Agreed with you the fetched data is not getting displayed! query is running.
This is for all the aggregate queries!

For me it is showing only nulls however if i check inside hue for the same table in the directory /apps/hive/warehouse/anindita1993deb8805.db/nyse/NYSE_daily , there are different types of symbol1.

Again my question remains the same if in any of the price fields any value of this column is null,the aggregate function would result into null or might throw an error,that is acceptable.

But if we execute select distinct symbol1 from nyse ,then all the different symbol1 values should get fetched but instead its giving me nulls only.

Kindly help.

SELECT symbol1, avg(price_open) AS price_high FROM nyse GROUP BY symbol1;
Yes the query will group all the similar symbols row wise and calculate the average price of the column “price_open” and name the aggregate as “price_high” and should show the symbols and and average.
It is showing NULL NULL for me too. this means that the aggregate queries not able to apply on the entire column.
or if apply not able to show the results.