Trying to get back from Career Break-Pls advice

Hello
I have 6.5 yrs of experience in Datawarhousing technologies , Informatica Power Center, DB2, Unix Shell scripting. Having these skills alone is not helping me to land on a job. I am looking for a course to pursue the line i already know. Or is it better to start somethin new? if yes then what would be the courses that you will suggest??

Thanks
SR

@sandeepgiri @abhinav anyone? someone?

Hi @swetharamki,

I see that you have a good amount of experience in data warehousing technologies.

Finding a job after the break can be challenging sometimes.

Since you already have experience in Informatica, DB2 and Unix shell scripting, I recommend you to explore Hadoop and Spark. Hadoop and Spark are in demand these days and lots of companies are moving towards Hadoop and Spark for their BigData requirements.

I’ve written this answer on Quora some time back on learning Hadoop.

On the other hand, keep on honing your skills and keep yourself updated with the latest developments in your domain and most importantly stay motivated :slight_smile:

All the best.

Hope I’ve answered your question.

Please feel free to let me know if you have any other question on the same and I would be glad to help.

Thanks

1 Like

Adding to the answer provided by Abhinav:

Generally, when we are trying to get back to the career after a break, it might look daunting but it is not.

All, you need is to just update your skills in a domain where you could be competitive such as a new technology or a further specialization in your own domain or both. In your case, moving to the Big data is both a new technology as well as further specialization in your existing expertise in Dataware housing.

I would suggest you join our course on Big Data with Hadoop and Spark either self-paced or live.

Ever so many thanks @abinav and @sgiri . I really appreciate you coming forward !

1 Like

@abhinav - Thank you so much !