Interested in OpenCV and Machine Learning

I am working on rice plant disease identification. It is basically images classification. I need help.
First, which algorithm will be good to train and classify the leaf images. Second, How should I start the course to learn about OpenCV and Machine Learning topics.

Hi, Ananya.
You can get good hint about the disease classification from the MNIST projects given in CloudxLab.
Disease identification is a classification problem and it is a supervised learning problem where you label the image with the disease and then apply the classification algorithms. For this you can use decision tree, Naive Bayes or Random forest algorithm if you are going for ML.
You can also use DL using CNN where the model will find the pattern of the disease and predicts the disease name.

Steps:-

1. Collect the data of the plant and disease plat label them.
  2. Use CloudxLab for training it using ML or CNN techniques. ( Check the precision and accuracy of models)
  3. You can host it in web using Flask.

All the best!

1 Like

Sir,

Thank you. I want to start my learning from machine learning. What basic should shoud I know so that I can apply python code in cloudx lab?

Hi, Ananya.

1. The CloudxLab Python is designed so that you can learn from basics to advanced along with the project.
  2. For doing ML task you need to have basics knowledge of Linux and Big data too.
    So, you can take the Big-data course.
  3. Once you complete Python and know how to handle data you can go for Machine learning and Deep learning.

All the above is combined in Data Science course in CloudxLab.

All the best.

1 Like

Thank you sir. I got my answer.

You are welcome and feel free to shoot any Technical questions here.
I will try to help.

1 Like

Sure sir. Very happy and pleased to join this course. I am enjoying to learn all these high end courses at Cloudxlab. Thank you.

I have image dataset of rice plant diseased leaves. How can I convert them into .npy file?

You have to open the folder iterate through all the files using os.walk and save it to numpu file using np.save as below.

1. Using np.save(‘filename.npy’, array).
  2. You can load an array in an NPY file by using np.load(‘filename.npy’).

Kindly go through the ML course you will find your answer.

All the best!