Error While Running count/groupby query which calls Map-Reduce Job

Hi Team,

Mentioned below is the error I am receiving while running count/group by query on mapreduce.

Error Details =
java.net.ConnectException: Call From linux01/192.168.56.113 to linux01:8032 failed on connection exception: java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused; For more details see: http://wiki.apache.org/hadoop/ConnectionRefused
at sun.reflect.GeneratedConstructorAccessor26.newInstance(Unknown Source)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(DelegatingConstru

Job Submission failed with exception 'java.net.ConnectException(Call From linux01/192.168.56.113 to linux01:8032 failed on connection exception: java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused; For more details see: http://wiki.apache.org/hadoop/ConnectionRefused)'

Please Note :

1. Select query running fine and data loading is happening fine hdfs copy from local
  2. Meta Data/Meta Store is loaded successfully from mysql to hive
    hive --service metastore --hiveconf hive.log.dir=$HIVE_HOME/logs --hiveconf hive.log.file=metastore.log >/dev/null 2>&1 &

hive --service hiveserver2 --hiveconf hive.log.dir=$HIVE_HOME/logs --hiveconf hive.log.file=hs2.log >/dev/null 2>&1 &

1. hive cli is opening fine.

Please find above happening when Hive is trying to call the map reduce job for count/groupby clause queries

Please Help !

@sandeepgiri : Please help me on the same

sharing with you the hive-site.xml file.

Hi,
Kindly use Hive terminal for executing your queries and check the query again.
May I know where you are running your queries? the ip address is different.
All the best!

Hi Satyajit,
this setup is completed by me on the lab setup so the ip is different.
requesting to please see the above error and suggest.

Hi, Deb.

Your effort is good.
This seems you have made a new cluster and written its configuration in site.xml file.
Many I know why you have created this? and what is the objective?

All the best!

Hi Satyajit,

This cluster I have created myself to practice. it will boost the knowledge on hadoop administration plus we have the hive and pig covered within the course.

I am aware that we don’t extend help outside cloudxlab. But since I have already completed the assignment and project . I consider myself eligible to learn the configuration as well. I have not faced major issues with cluster configuration with hdfs and yarn. This error I am receiving for hive on hadoop. So I shared the hive-site.xml file.

Though real time projects experience are more countable. But if I can do it on my system. I will prepare myself for same. Please consider it as learning efforts only for practice.

Thanks and Regards,
Debmalya Ray