Dealing with Scientific values (i.e. Exponents) in a Pandas Dataframe

In Python—Is there a way or method for Preventing or Suppressing the values from being converted to Scientific notation (I.e. Exponential values) especially in a Dataframe while executing the codes-???

It can be either a Global Option or by applying on specified Variable(s).

Purpose is for easier data interpretation…as Exponential values are difficult to decipher & interpret. May be okay for a Programmer but not so with a Data Scientist/Business Analytics professional.

We do have a similar option in R tool—which can be applied globally to prevent the conversion in one go for the entire Dataframe

There are some methods suggested in Stack Overflow and other similar websites. Tried executing them…But none gives a desired output----at least in Python.

Real-world examples while solving projects are indeed lengthy and entails a lot of interpretation.Trying to find a solution for the same.

Kindly let me know a similar such option available in Python…

Try the following:

num = 5 / 40000000
print(num)
output = f"{num:.9f}"
print(output)

Noted Rajtilak. Thanks for your reply…!!!

In the meantime, I found a valuable code wherein the values in an Array as well as a Dictionary don’t get converted to exponential(or scientific values) as follows:

np.set_printoptions(suppress = True)

This code is used as a Global option. and works pretty well. Used on wine.csv file wherein dataset is imported as a Numpy Array and even for a Dictionary Data Structure format.

1 Like