Data Science Specialization Road Map

Hello :raised_hand_with_fingers_splayed: All,
Happy :slight_smile: to be a part of this community, i have recently enrolled in this Data Science Specialization courseā€¦and i had a query regarding the road map as to how to do the coursesā€¦ since i am from a non technical background i have started off with Linux and am almost done with it. I was planning to do Python next i do actually know Python a bit but still want to do itā€¦ My query is regarding basically this course consists of 5 topics so is there a particular road map that i can follow or like a guide as to which topic must i start off first and then which are the subtopics under it so i stick to the same topic till i finish it. So was wondering if anyone can help me regarding the sameā€¦ i was working as a Digital Analyst intern for 7 months and recently got a full time employment in the same company as a Associate Data Scientist so wanted to make sure i stand upto that designation as of now my work is still under Analytics and reporting However a slow transition is happening to Data Science while we are undergoing some small trainingā€™s happening within the company itselfā€¦ that is the main reason i have joined this course to be ready to deliver. Thanks in advance

Hi, Surjiv.

You can follow the same order as given in the course.

1. Linux.
  2. BigData.
  3. Python.
  4. ML.
  5. DL.

All the best!

1 Like

Hi Satyajit,

Thank you for your response ā€¦ i just had a query since i am from a non technical background it is alright to start off with BigData right?? and then go to Python after that?

Yes. You are right.

The course is designed and taught such that Big-Data can be understood by anyone.
If you have doubts, you can post it here or get a Hint or Disqus among your classmates in comments under the course.
Try to keep a running notes, try Google out if you have any term related queries.
and you have to put a little bit more efforts. I think by this you will be able to do it.

All the best!

Thank you, Will do the same and yes keeping notes do help.

@satyajit_das Hey i had one small query too i have completed the Big Data fundamentals and was wondering whether i need to do the Java fundamentals as it is optional and i just wanted to know whether it would help me in Big Data or whether Python is sufficient enough for the sameā€¦ mainly i wanted to know whether i would be missing out on anything if i skipped on the java front.