Career in bigdata

Hi ,

I have 7 years of experience on SSIS and SQL SERVER and i decided to jump on to Hadoop and yesterday enrolled for self learning course with cloudxlab.

i’m concentrating on Python,hive,spark and spark related components. At present, learning Python.

I have few questions in my mind which are eating me. Can you please help with your valuable suggestions.

1. can i become a good python programmer as i don’t have any programming background.( but still remembered basic programming concepts like loops, conditional stmts, variables, classes ,objects and so on)?

2. i kept my deadline to become perfect in hadoop in 3 months. Do we have openings in market after 5 to 6 months also?

3. Is it ok to keep 2+ years of experience on Hadoop?

Please advice. Thank you.

Hi @rn06031982,

Please find my answers below

can I become a good python programmer as I don’t have any programming background?( but still remembered basic programming concepts like loops, conditional stmts, variables, classes, objects and so on)?

Yes, our Python course is quite extensive so you will be able to learn all the above-mentioned concepts.

I kept my deadline to become perfect in Hadoop in 3 months. Do we have openings in the market after 5 to 6 months also

Three months is a good enough time to learn and practice Hadoop. Most of our learners complete the course in 2-3 months. I will say focus more on doing hands-on and you will master these technologies. Regarding openings, there is a good demand of Big Data developers in the market.

Is it ok to keep 2+ years of experience in Hadoop

I did not get this question. Did you mean you have 2 years of work experience and with this experience can you get job in Hadoop?

Hope this helps.

Thanks

Thank you sir,

i mean, i’m having total 7 years of experience, out of this 7 years can i put 2+ years on Hadoop and the remaining 5 years as it is my previous experience on SSIS and SQLSERVER.

Thank you very much for your support.